
Jesse read this book aloud to me at the library the other night. It inspired me to make a list of my own. When I am pregnant I seem to be a lot more scared than not. I think I will be able to laugh at some of the things on this list soon:)
Not knowing if vaccines really do trigger autism is scary.
Thinking you will get cancer from the slightly elevated levels of radon in your basement is scary.
Not knowing which direction your child ran off to in a busy store is scary.
Having cause to believe that your immunity wore off to Rubella and that you were somehow exposed during your first trimester of pregnancy is scary.
Your dad buying a motorcycle is scary.
Being the only one awake in the whole house is scary.
Convincing yourself that you somehow sprayed a minute amount of cleaner into your oatmeal is scary.
Not being able to find the only bra that fits you at the moment is scary.
Accidentally radiating yourself with your parent's microwave is scary.
Reading a list of herbs to avoid during pregnancy and then trying to remember if you ingested a few of them at some point is scary.


2 comments:
LOL- I actually think all of those are valid fears. Hope the pregnancy is going ok!
awesome. i think you might just know too much for your own good my friend. i tend to err on the side of blissful ignorance and then i seem to be alright...i know that's not really right either, but it seems to work.
i do have to agree with you on the bra scariness though. seriously, pregnancy is just a little annoying sometimes. why does only one bra fit and where is it most days? lame.
anywho, good luck and i hope all is well with you! any names yet?
Post a Comment